PlayStation Vita; Cue The Fanboyism

For all your playstation needs.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

PlayStation Vita; Cue The Fanboyism

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Okay first off I just want to congratulate Sony on using the Vita to make people forget that their still at risk with PlayStation Network. Good Job Sony. Second off.... AT&T?! ARE YOU INSANE?! Sprint runs better than them! Just because a cell carrier is the largest, doesn't make them the best. AT&T Wants to dominate as a monopoly with garbage service. Second off, 250 for a mobile device? No. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't get sold on mobile devices with the term "Social Networking." That's not why I play my PSP, Sony. I play it for games and an MP3 Player. I don't give two flying tails about Facebook. Sony is obviously refusing to support UMD to Flash Stick so that our UMD Games can be played. This smells like a giant bomb to me.

God forbid you tell a fanboy that the hardware is a joke. I'd love to see it compete with the android.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Re: PlayStation Vita; Cue The Fanboyism

Post by Tivia »

I haven't forgotten..

Concerning the Vita - I frankly could give a flying sh*t what carrier as if I get one it will be wifi only. I don't need or want social networking or 3g on my PSP.

Unhappy about the UMD thing, but unsurprised as well. I sold my PSP and all related games years ago, so no baggage there.

Price point is actually good. That is at or cheaper then the original price of the PSP once you account for inflation and is targeted squarely at the 3DS. It has my interest from that standpoint. However burn me once...I bought the PSP with high hopes, hopes that were never realized. I will not be buying Vita until it proves to have a game library that isn't complete sh*t. Looking at the track record of the PSP, that is likely to be somewhere around never.

I was really interested in the Wii hd...then they showed it off and completely killed any interest I had in it. Way to Fail Nintendo.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:I haven't forgotten..

Concerning the Vita - I frankly could give a flying sh*t what carrier as if I get one it will be wifi only. I don't need or want social networking or 3g on my PSP.

Unhappy about the UMD thing, but unsurprised as well. I sold my PSP and all related games years ago, so no baggage there.

Price point is actually good. That is at or cheaper then the original price of the PSP once you account for inflation and is targeted squarely at the 3DS. It has my interest from that standpoint. However burn me once...I bought the PSP with high hopes, hopes that were never realized. I will not be buying Vita until it proves to have a game library that isn't complete sh*t. Looking at the track record of the PSP, that is likely to be somewhere around never.

I was really interested in the Wii hd...then they showed it off and completely killed any interest I had in it. Way to Fail Nintendo.
Oh the best part was when I posted my concerns about AT&T trying to get another monopoly on the playStation Network boards. I got torn apart because "AT&T IS GREAT!" and "If you're not a social media whore, you're a fossil." I stand by my "PSP Is a gaming console, not a social device." It's why I won't pay an extra 10 dollars on xbox live for "twitter". And as for the 3DS, even it's own game library (with the good stuff coming out) and it's 3d "sweet spot" issue, I still think Nintendo may bowl sony over this time around. My reasons for this is sony is putting more effort into the 3G version instead of the wifi one. That worries me that sony is trying to be a cell phone instead of a mobile device. And that PlayStation Suite will be available for all android phones. Sony claims "It will bring people to PlayStation Network and ownership of a PS3 and Vita." But here's my thing. If I buy a 300 dollar android phone, what makes sony thing I'm going to drop another 250 on a vita?

Also one thing I want to look at here. The Name. Vita. It means life. Yes we know that. Life is not a protable hand held. Life is being out and enjoying what's around you because Life is short. The only purpose I use a cell phone for out in the wild is in case I need emergency help. Sony has missed the point completely. It's like their version of wii fit. I wonder how many people who buy these products would look Gullible up in the dictionary.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Oh ATT is a complete sh*t network, trust me I know. But you went to the PSN forums and expected logic and reason to be accepted? :rofl:

But yea, the name is stupid. I honestly liked PSP NGP, frankly that sounds like a handheld.

Social networking can blow me.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:Oh ATT is a complete sh*t network, trust me I know. But you went to the PSN forums and expected logic and reason to be accepted? :rofl:

But yea, the name is stupid. I honestly liked PSP NGP, frankly that sounds like a handheld.

I've seen my cousin's facebook page comments, you don't want to let social networking blow you, you might catch a disease :rofl:
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Karou Ariyen wrote:
Tivia wrote:Oh ATT is a complete sh*t network, trust me I know. But you went to the PSN forums and expected logic and reason to be accepted? :rofl:

I've seen my cousin's facebook page comments, you don't want to let social networking blow you, you might catch a disease :rofl:
Point taken! :D
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »