Holy **** Sony!!!

For all your playstation needs.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Holy **** Sony!!!

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Re: Holy **** Sony!!!

Post by Tivia »

I am unbelievably pissed they didn't come out with this sh*t sooner to give us time to do something about securing ourselves.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

I cannot blame you one bit.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Okay first off. I talked to Discover, they are going to put a monitor on my account for a week to check for fraud activity. My hubby uses my card on both our PSN accounts (Mine's purely for PSP). Second, I got an email from Xbox Live about making sure to take steps to protect your accounts and a reminder that Microsoft isn't as stupid as sony is. S'all good.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

For me the card was a NBD thing, I haven't bought anything in ages on PSN and the card that was on it is expired.

All my personal information being stored in a "Plain Text File", however is a much larger issue..WTF SONY? :x

UGH!, this is just unbelievable. Sony is going to get sued So hard over this. Well, on the bright side, we now know for a fact who is coming in DEAD LAST PLACE in the next console war...Jesus, I just hope MS adopts a controller that isn't a piece of sh*t and gets some better games next gen. I am pretty certain that MS could package a Brick and outsell the PS4 now..

Oh, I found a picture of the new Xbox design team..
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb25 ... ter=images
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:For me the card was a NBD thing, I haven't bought anything in ages on PSN and the card that was on it is expired.

All my personal information being stored in a "Plain Text File", however is a much larger issue..WTF SONY? :x

UGH!, this is just unbelievable. Sony is going to get sued So hard over this. Well, on the bright side, we now know for a fact who is coming in DEAD LAST PLACE in the next console war...Jesus, I just hope MS adopts a controller that isn't a piece of sh*t and gets some better games next gen. I am pretty certain that MS could package a Brick and outsell the PS4 now..
Microsoft isn't stupid. That's why. Or are they..... :?:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

I wouldn't get too carried away with that..I can think of ALOT of stupid sh*t MS has done...though not quite this stupid, but still.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:I wouldn't get too carried away with that..I can think of ALOT of stupid sh*t MS has done...though not quite this stupid, but still.
Oh you mean like making us pay for twitter, facebook, last fm and netflix, jacking up Xbox live to 60/year then calling it CONTENT >.>;

EDIT: Xbox Live had a free to play weekend setup the EXACT time that the PSN Outage occured. I accuse Microsoft of doing it.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Update: 24,000 dollars in an attempt to buy a boat in FLORIDA just came in on my card. Discover canceled the card and is issuing a new one. Sony didn't think that credit card numbers were taken. Apparently they were wrong. There's a class action lawsuit filed already against sony for this. I don't feel sorry for them. They didn't take any steps to protect our information, then when they get hacked, they didn't tell us right away which makes it worse. We're just numbers to sony. Well guess what, Sony, time for you morons to pay up. I want my 24,000 repaid. That money was put aside for emergencies dammit.

EDIT: Discover has a new system where my credit card can now direct draw from my bank account >.>;
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Karou Ariyen wrote:.... when they get hacked, they didn't tell us right away which makes it worse.

EDIT: Discover has a new system where my credit card can now direct draw from my bank account >.>;
I can't decide which one is worse. Sony has it by sheer volume. But it sounds like Discover didn't tell you either.

Ever wonder why there are no laws punishing firms who amass databases on us and then "loose" them?

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Alya Mizar (Tsybil) wrote:
Karou Ariyen wrote:.... when they get hacked, they didn't tell us right away which makes it worse.

I can't decide which one is worse. Sony has it by sheer volume. But it sounds like Discover didn't tell you either.

Ever wonder why there are no laws punishing firms who amass databases on us and then "loose" them?
Discover wasn't aware there was an issue. Sony told NO ONE. At least discover was monitoring my account. 2 to 4 weeks and then I have to update all my billing information on the interwebs. At least it was easy to track down the issue and stop. Their putting the money back into my account. My bank was surprised that sony didn't tell anyone either. Although, I bank with an independant bank. There's like one branch. So they stop to take care of their customers. Still I feel safer with discover's fraud monitoring systems. It could have been worse. Someone steals your mastercard and they don't do crap to figure out if it's you or not, let alone email you to say "Hey we just found out about this problem and we're letting you know we're going to try to stop it on our end."
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

I would be sincerely surprised if Sony remains a single company after this all finishes falling down.

Oh and damn that sucks Karou, So freaking glad my card was cancelled. That said, i have changed ALL of my login/pass information and went ahead and made my bank and credit cards issue me new cards anyhow.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

The discover card person thought I was hilarious when I said "Why would I go to florida to buy a boat... You can't even PAY me to set foot in florida." xD
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Why the Fla hate? :(
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:Why the Fla hate? :(
Too many old people ?
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

They are easily ignored if you stay in the right area's...the area and weather is wonderful.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:They are easily ignored if you stay in the right area's...the area and weather is wonderful.
I'm always down there when the 501st do their star wars celebration at disney world. except last year, because I forgot about it and I think it was switched to Disney La.... Hey! Sony you're not getting off the hook that easily!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Obligatory f*** Sony
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Karou Ariyen wrote:
Too many old people ?
The entire state, minus only the art deco district of Miami and old St Augustine, has been declared an architectural disaster area.

If you visit the SE coast today the hardbodies VASTLY outnumber the old folks.

But I don't think they have enough road curves in the entire peninsula to drift race.

Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Alya Mizar (Tsybil) wrote:
Karou Ariyen wrote:
Too many old people ?
The entire state, minus only the art deco district of Miami and old St Augustine, has been declared an architectural disaster area.

If you visit the SE coast today the hardbodies VASTLY outnumber the old folks.

But I don't think they have enough road curves in the entire peninsula to drift race.
Oh trust me, there are more then enough curves. :D
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

On the roads Tivia, not on the beaches in bikinis.

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Alya Mizar (Tsybil) wrote:On the roads Tivia, not on the beaches in bikinis.

:lol: :rofl: :lol:
To keep the topic on track: F*** YOU SONY!

I perfer the roads up near Marias pass, Whitefish and Red Eagle. Good roads up in the mountains for drifting. That would be in Montana by the way.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Oh... Montana.... I so miss "reasonable and prudent".

The day the national speed limit was dropped, the head of the Montana State Patrol announced that, yes the old speed regulations would once again be in force, and triple digits were never reasonable nor prudent.

You know, since they adopted a daytime speed limit I haven't found an excuse to drive to Montana again.

:?:
They used to advertise "Get out on the freeways and fly".

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Alya Mizar (Tsybil) wrote:Oh... Montana.... I so miss "reasonable and prudent".

The day the national speed limit was dropped, the head of the Montana State Patrol announced that, yes the old speed regulations would once again be in force, and triple digits were never reasonable nor prudent.

You know, since they adopted a daytime speed limit I haven't found an excuse to drive to Montana again.

:?:
They used to advertise "Get out on the freeways and fly".
It's funny, I was in the middle of a highway battle in Montana and we got lit up but the squad couldn't match our speeds and by the time we were pulling over on the shoulder, the car had turned around. Yes it was a state trooper. Cop prolly didn't want to waste time with cars faster than his. Hey I pulled over... He CHOSE to not come near me :3
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sony is going to bribe us to forget about this mess with <sarcasm>A WHOLE MONTH OF PLAYSTATION PLUS!!!!</sarcasm> And even worse, they want MORE personal information from us to issue it. I think I'd rather play russian roulette with 6 bullets in the chamber. :roll:
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Yea, I saw the pathetic "offering" and just shook my head.

If there were games for the 360 that I actually cared about, this is almost enough for me to buy a new one. Unfortunately, I use my PS3 for Blu-ray, Streaming subs, Netflix streaming and as a general media hub. Too difficult to replace even if I ignored the games.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Ding Ding Ding! Round 3!!!!! First PSN, then SOE, now Sony Music Entertainment has been hacked. 8500 Accounts. Sony claims no credit card information was stolen. Why do I not believe them?
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

It is more like round 5 or 7 at this point, I have lost track. Most of their major country specific websites have been nailed multiple times and a slew of other stuff. I think it is easier to track what sony hasn't had hacked.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

NOW MY VISA GOT HACKED?! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH SONY! 5 Grand Missing and my Bank is scrambling to find out how.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

ouch. :(

You didn't cancel any card you had associated with them? Oh btw codemasters got compromised as well recently and they admitted everything was gotten. So if you ever have had a Codemasters game be aware.