4th Generation PSP?!

For all your playstation needs.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

4th Generation PSP?!

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Ya that's right. I talked to my cousin's co-worker/manager at GameCrazy and he said the new PSP's will have touch screen like the DS. My friend Aayame in Kyoto confirmed this. She says that the touch screen PSP screens will be able to be installed on the original PSP with a bit of firmware 'hacking'. I use the term 'hacking' because of the lack of a better word. I own the GPS/eye toy like camera attachments. They fit on my original PSP and I have software that lets my mod chip make them compatable with my US Firmware. I also have Datel's Flip down Keypad making my PSP a neat toy ^_^

Oh and for those who wish to know about my Zune MP3 player... I sold it on ebay. My PSP is my all in one portable device, next to my Original Black Game Boy.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Interesting.

I'll be visiting Denden town Osaka and Akihabara Tokyo in august so I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Yea they showed off the new PSP go at E3...while it does look interesting...it still has nothing worth playing. :(

I finally broke down a couple months ago and just traded in my PSP after realizing it hadn't been touched in nearly 9 months.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

The 4th Generation PSP: PSPGO! and worse yet, no one's buying it! It's like a slimmed down Cell Phone style. No thanks, Sony. I have my original PSP. It's had 3 screen replacments and I'm happy with it.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:The 4th Generation PSP: PSPGO! and worse yet, no one's buying it! It's like a slimmed down Cell Phone style. No thanks, Sony. I have my original PSP. It's had 3 screen replacments and I'm happy with it.
I'll tell you something funnier:

Here in Holland there's hardly a gameshop willing to even sell that thing.
There's hardly any profit on the device itself, and to make matters worse; it only works on downloadable content which is available only through the Playstation store.
I'll be surprised if Sony somehow manages to make the PSP Go! a success outside Japan.

As for me, I'm happy with my pearly white Dissidia PSP3000.
Last edited by Shirai on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Shirai wrote:
KarouKaniyashia wrote:The 4th Generation PSP: PSPGO! and worse yet, no one's buying it! It's like a slimmed down Cell Phone style. No thanks, Sony. I have my original PSP. It's had 3 screen replacments and I'm happy with it.
I'll tell you something funnier:

Here in Holland there's hardly a gameshop willing to even sell that thing.
There's hardly any profit on the thing itself, and to make matters worse; it only works on downloadable content which is available only through the Playstation store.
I'll be surprised if Sony somehow manages to make the PSP Go! a success outside Japan.

As for me, I'm happy with my pearly white Dissidia PSP3000.
I have the Dissidia PSP3000 but I custom Painted a new case for my current PSP to match. well by paint I mean Traced and airbrushed.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

That's pretty sweet, I just have the Logicool® ubercase in which I can place my own prints.

I'm glad I got that case, because I dropped my psp from 4+ feet more then once and it doesn't even have a scratch.
Last edited by Shirai on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I like my original PSP because of it's firmware crack-ability. Besides people say "Get slim! It fits in your pockets!" Do people see that I wear Goth Pants? I have so many baggy pockets you could smuggle tarutaru's in them haha.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I got my coat for that, and if it's too warm to wear it I have these nifty sidepockets on my backpack.
Otherwise I'll just take out the memorycard and put it in my Zen.
(I use my PSP as MP3 player as well and found this handy adaptor that makes a Memorystick Pro® out of a Micro SD card. 16 GB go!)

I don't have much with custom firmware myself though, I buy all my games.
The only beef I have with the original firmware is that it doesn't support lossless audio formats, so I still have to rip all my CDs to MP3 format. =|
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: 4th Generation PSP?!

Post by xaresity »