PS2 Hardware Gadget Reviews

For all your playstation needs.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

PS2 Hardware Gadget Reviews

Post by Karou Ariyen »

It's no secret I'm a PS2 girl. The fact that PS2 is still on the market is amazing. But it's no secret I hate the slim PS2. I use my big original PS2. Model V50000. Ya my original PS2 died a year ago. She was a version one launch and finally kicked the bucket. But today I have a few gadgets I want to review.

First up is a little background information. You know the USB Layout on the pS2? I reversed. I swapped it back upside down. This way my tiny little port isn't blocked by my USB Fan. This is for my new piece of hardware.... Adaptec's Game Bridge 1400. This device allows me to plug my console into my laptop and record all my game runs. I ran a test on Need For Speed: Undercover but that game has pissed me off so bad that I finally scrapped the video. But the sound quality, the video quality are great. I have a PS2-esque sound unit I use and I was amazed that the recording sounded just as good. It's a bit bulky like the PS2 and a bit awkward to hook up, if you are like me and use a USB Hub Expander (InterAct Shark Hub). That's because I use an InterAct USB Shark Drive (iOmega Zip 100) to back up data, I have a SOCOM 2 USB Headset, and my PS2 Eye Toy Camera. But if you don't use all that, you won't have a problem with hook up. Just remember your video/audio cables plug into the attached device.

Next up is The InterAct 5.4" Mobile Monitor. If you know me you know I hated InterAct before they went bankrupt. It involved several of their memory card mega's failing on my PSX and destroying my data. Aside from my SharkHub and SharkDrive, This is my third favorite device. It's a bit bulky but it fits over the top of my monitor. I have a custom pink dragon skin on my console, a second one on the inside lid of the monitor, and on the top of the monitor. I don't use it always but I figured it would look nice that way. I use it because the 7 inch Intec monitor attaches to the back of the console and interferes with my Network Adapter. When you open it up it looks like a piece of crap. Until you power it on. Hey did I mention you need to plug the monitor into the wall? The video quality is absolutely brilliant. For LCD Technology it's a blast. Bright, Crisp, Clear graphics display. The adjustment controls are on the side and are well built and easily reached. As for audio, junk. It's the one negative. It's crrrrrap! But remember this is for portable use. Even the PSOne monitor was crap sound wise. This is why at home (it frees up the TV and I play FFXI on the PS2) I use my SoundStation 2 sound system. But on say... Amtrak, or one my annual camping trips with my family, I can't use that sound system. Even with my good pair of stereo headphones it still comes out garbled. But I love this monitor reguardless because of it's design and it's use.

And Finally I want to give my review on Need For Speed Undercover, PS2 Edition. *ahem* To Quote Jay Sherman, The Critic..... IT SUCKS. Thank you. Seriously, That game isn't worth a lengthy review to explain it's massive pile of failure. And I don't have the willpower to sit through a review that reminds me it's crap.

Next Time on PSKarou.... Pelican's Chatpad/Controller combo. I just bought it, how does it work? Is it good for FFXI? Find out Later Today~
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |