Duke Nukem FOREVER!

Well as it sais, all Xbox related stuff goes here.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Duke Nukem FOREVER!

Post by Karou Ariyen »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It makes FF7 on PSX look high quality graphics wise xD
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Re: Duke Nukem FOREVER!

Post by Tivia »

Everyone called me a hater (yet again), when I said there was zero reason for this game to come out as there was no possible way for it to be good.

I knew a long time ago I wouldn't buy it. I have found most nostalgia is best staying that way.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Really, that bad?

Poor Slash000
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I think DNF became something that HAD to get finished.

This was approached as antithetical to making it good.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Really? Thought they updated the graphics. Heck compare it to the video that came out like 10 years ago it's much better.

I want to get it just for the fact that it is Duke Nuke'm, punch some giant aliens in the nuts and tell strippers to "shake it, baby" :rofl:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

It has become a game that is simply there for gamers to say "Yeah. We waited paitently for 14 years and now we can play it." The Duke is washed up sadly.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I'll just leave this here
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

A lot of what I'm hearing of it, is its like an early 360 game. Complete with texture pop-ins and long loading times. Not to mention, the humor in it can be rather crass at times. I'll wait for Steam to drop this to $10-$15 in a few months.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Fiye wrote:A lot of what I'm hearing of it, is its like an early 360 game. Complete with texture pop-ins and long loading times. Not to mention, the humor in it can be rather crass at times. I'll wait for Steam to drop this to $10-$15 in a few months.
It is the same across all platforms, though it appears the load times are worse on 360 then PS3 and PC. Of course the humor is crass, it is Duke nukem. That said if you want to know what all the fuss is about, read IGN's review. Theirs is by far the most accurate and doesn't nitpick the game over trivial crap. The concerns they present are pretty valid picks against the game.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:
Fiye wrote:A lot of what I'm hearing of it, is its like an early 360 game. Complete with texture pop-ins and long loading times. Not to mention, the humor in it can be rather crass at times. I'll wait for Steam to drop this to $10-$15 in a few months.
It is the same across all platforms, though it appears the load times are worse on 360 then PS3 and PC. Of course the humor is crass, it is Duke nukem. That said if you want to know what all the fuss is about, read IGN's review. Theirs is by far the most accurate and doesn't nitpick the game over trivial crap. The concerns they present are pretty valid picks against the game.
Reguardless, it can be summed up in one word: "LOL".
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

True.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

The big question is: is it fun?
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:The big question is: is it fun?

I don't know how to answer that question. Is it fun? Is it not? I don't have an answer for that. It's just a game you have to play.