price change XBL Gold

Well as it sais, all Xbox related stuff goes here.
sakono
Housecat

price change XBL Gold

Post by sakono »

this may or may not be old news for some of you but i didn't see a post about it so here it is.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/08/ ... ption.aspx
Since launching Xbox LIVE in 2002 we have continually added more content and entertainment experiences for our members, while keeping the price the same. We’re confident that when the new pricing takes effect, an Xbox LIVE Gold membership will continue to offer the best value in the industry
I call bs!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't use anything other then party chat and online multiplayer. i don't need or want twitter, facebook, last fm or even netflix as i get that on my pc or my wii for free! :x :x
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Re: price change XBL Gold

Post by Karou Ariyen »

You know what? I don't need xbox live gold to get armor unlocks in Reach, I can fugging do that in campaign, on legendary, with a friend. MS Can go screw themselves. They don't give us enough content to warrent 50/mo. Oh and there are MS Whores like certain people in my linkshell who will be fine with being screwed in the rump. You know what? I work hard for my money and I don't like being ripped off. This is nothing but a sham, It will hurt them, and they will revert.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Kaorii wrote:It will hurt them, and they will revert.
My thoughts as well, they'll be losing a lot of subscribers.
This will cost them more than the new price will compensate for.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

So much for ever seeing FFXIV on the Xbox.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Welcome to the Playstation network, where we get all the things you pay for, free. :rofl:

I do love the "Continue to be one of the best values blah blah blah"...Newsflash ms..Live gold hasn't been a good value much less the best in at least 4 years.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:Welcome to the Playstation network, where we get all the things you pay for, free. :rofl:

I do love the "Continue to be one of the best values blah blah blah"...Newsflash ms..Live gold hasn't been a good value much less the best in at least 4 years.
2 Words. PlayStation Plus. Welcome to our neighborhood.

Yes but playstation plus is purely optional stuff. We don't require it to use things like netflix, get DLC, get demos, etc. It is basically making content that was otherwise pay content anyhow and offering it under one flat rate.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

There was a while where I used Netflix, but it got kinda meh after a while.

Now I only have a Gold membership for the few games I play online, and the free demos from X-Box Arcade. Going to drop the subscription. :)
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sony is going to go the full pay route. I know they are. PlayStation plus is just the beginning. Xbox Live was originally supposed to be free, until MS Changed that before launch.
Amiricle
Big Cat

Post by Amiricle »

Well, they've said that the current free PSN service as it stands will always remain free, and they will just be adding extra stuff and features to PSN+ to entice more people to subscribe to it. CEO at E3 confirming that was last I heard on this subject. I highly doubt this will change during the Ps3's life.
FFXI~ Cactuar: Isania // Midgardsormyr: Amiricle // Bismark: Amiricle & Kaust
FFXIV~ Sargotanas ~ Ami'a Mihgo
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Isania wrote:Well, they've said that the current free PSN service as it stands will always remain free, and they will just be adding extra stuff and features to PSN+ to entice more people to subscribe to it. CEO at E3 confirming that was last I heard on this subject. I highly doubt this will change during the Ps3's life.
Like their famous CEO Quote "We can sell the Playstation based on our name alone." o.O; I want to believe sony's not all stupid, but these corporations have changed my mind big time. Look how quickly microsoft went down hill when Gates retired and stepped down. MS Went from integrating technology into our lives to make things better to "Screw you people, we want your money and you have no alternative."

Makes you wonder what really goes on behind closed doors where the public and the media can't see or hear, doesn't it?
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Kaorii wrote:.... Look how quickly microsoft went down hill when Gates retired and stepped down. MS Went from integrating technology into our lives to make things better to "Screw you people, we want your money and you have no alternative."

Makes you wonder what really goes on behind closed doors where the public and the media can't see or hear, doesn't it?
Ummmm.... You are old enough to remember the MS-dos days I think. The days when they set up that no alternative thing? Using tactics that would have gotten a company in any established industry slapped up 'side the head by antitrust laws? When Washington DC was so computer illiterate that Microsoft didn't have to spend one thin DIME on lobbying and STILL didn't get slapped up 'side the head?

So nothing has changed save their lobbying expenses. :rofl:

I can STILL blame Chairman Bill (Retired).
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tsybil wrote:
Kaorii wrote:.... Look how quickly microsoft went down hill when Gates retired and stepped down. MS Went from integrating technology into our lives to make things better to "Screw you people, we want your money and you have no alternative."

Ummmm.... You are old enough to remember the MS-dos days I think. The days when they set up that no alternative thing? Using tactics that would have gotten a company in any established industry slapped up 'side the head by antitrust laws? When Washington DC was so computer illiterate that Microsoft didn't have to spend one thin DIME on lobbying and STILL didn't get slapped up 'side the head?

So nothing has changed save their lobbying expenses. :rofl:

I can STILL blame Chairman Bill (Retired).
No that's not what I mean, yeah they did shady crap but at least windows back then was a solid product. All I get with Windows 7 is constant errors. and it's only on the xp mode copies. Thanks MS you douche bags.
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

Woah, when did Gates retire?
The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.
Image Image
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

MikaMeow wrote:Woah, when did Gates retire?
About 4 years ago I think. Maybe 3.
Kaorii wrote:at least windows back then was a solid product
:shock: :? :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Windows was solid VAPORWARE for over a decade. But Chairman Bill merely had to say "Its coming...*" to kill other graphic OSs dead in the water.

When the first Windows actually hit was in the early 80386 days. I had a pretty good 8086. What a 386 running windows did in minuets I could do in seconds. OK, for an 8086 it was hot.

Win 98 was my first upgrade from DOS. It wasn't as stable.

*(M:TG Unglued reference.)

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

You didn't use windows 3.1/11? Wow.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

At that point I had a 386 DOS blazer that would rip through anything 5X faster than a Windows 486.

I was quite good with DOS by that point too. I don't think I have ever been as deep into an OS since. I didn't change to WIndoze till games kinda forced me to.

ME was the first one more stable than late DOS IMHO.

Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

You could do all kinds of mean things to DOS and it just wouldn't care. :D

Then again, it was pretty simple. Adding pictures made it all complicated.
-Keerith

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

I think I used 3.11 on my dads comp a few times, but my first OS was windows 95. I didn't get a computer till I was 15 or so.
The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.
Image Image
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Well in that case, Windows 3.1/11 was and still is considered the greatest windows system ever. But seriously, Microsoft is purely stupid, no gamer is going to pay their fees. And anyone who can sit there and justify microsoft's actions as "okay" should be shot at 30 paces. Nothing about this increase in fees is okay or acceptable by any business standard. "We believe the content" yeah right, nothing even justifies the 50 bucks.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

And they just sent me an email offering me a 40% discount on a one year subscription! :rofl:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Shirai wrote:And they just sent me an email offering me a 40% discount on a one year subscription! :rofl:
That applies to dashboard subscriptions only. Game cards exempt. Why you ask? Because on the dashboard your subscription is set to automatically renew. They figure they can sucker people that way. when your "discount" period is over, they rebill you at the full rate. And it's a bear to jump through hoops and get it taken off your credit card because they connect you to "Hello this is bob from india!" >.>;
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Kaorii wrote: That applies to dashboard subscriptions only. Game cards exempt. Why you ask? Because on the dashboard your subscription is set to automatically renew. They figure they can sucker people that way. when your "discount" period is over, they rebill you at the full rate. And it's a bear to jump through hoops and get it taken off your credit card because they connect you to "Hello this is bob from india!" >.>;
My subscription runs out in November; it took a while and a lot of wrong clicks that took me to pages I didn't want to see, but I turned off the auto-renew through the x-box live website.
-Keerith

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Keerith wrote:
Kaorii wrote: That applies to dashboard subscriptions only. Game cards exempt. Why you ask? Because on the dashboard your subscription is set to automatically renew. They figure they can sucker people that way. when your "discount" period is over, they rebill you at the full rate. And it's a bear to jump through hoops and get it taken off your credit card because they connect you to "Hello this is bob from india!" >.>;
My subscription runs out in November; it took a while and a lot of wrong clicks that took me to pages I didn't want to see, but I turned off the auto-renew through the x-box live website.
Wait you can stop the auto billing? Why does that sound like a court-ordered FCC Ruling?
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Hah. Dunno.

There was a month where I was signed up to Phantasy Star Online, THAT required two phone calls and a few hoop jumps to stop. The X-Box Live subscription was relatively painless despite the missclicks.

Go to your X-Box Live account home page and the billing information (I think), where it tells you your renewal date/rate. There should be a line that reads: "Automatic subscription renewal: on" or some such. Click where it says 'on' and you can get the option to cancle it after a few pages of please-don't-go and some adds.
-Keerith

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Keerith wrote:Hah. Dunno.

There was a month where I was signed up to Phantasy Star Online, THAT required two phone calls and a few hoop jumps to stop. The X-Box Live subscription was relatively painless despite the missclicks.

Go to your X-Box Live account home page and the billing information (I think), where it tells you your renewal date/rate. There should be a line that reads: "Automatic subscription renewal: on" or some such. Click where it says 'on' and you can get the option to cancle it after a few pages of please-don't-go and some adds.
I buy subscription cards and points cards for 2 reasons: A) It's convienent for me to get them from gamestop which is a block away from me. B) It's safer. I don't have to worry about my credit card information being at risk and prone to hackers. Microsoft claims your information cannot be hacked, but that's impossible. Nothing on the internet is safe.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Kaorii wrote:That applies to dashboard subscriptions only. Game cards exempt. Why you ask? Because on the dashboard your subscription is set to automatically renew. They figure they can sucker people that way. when your "discount" period is over, they rebill you at the full rate. And it's a bear to jump through hoops and get it taken off your credit card because they connect you to "Hello this is bob from india!" >.>;
Trust me, I know. ;)