Halo 3: ODST!!!! Review Inside !!

Well as it sais, all Xbox related stuff goes here.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Halo 3: ODST!!!! Review Inside !!

Post by Karou Ariyen »

ODST. First it was Recon. Recon was supposed to be DLC. Then Recon became Standalone. Then it became ODST. I ask you why? Anyways. ODST follows the story of you, the rookie and your ODST squad that drops into a city in Africa to stop a covenant ship that breaks through the fleet. During the drop you are separated from your squad and run around the city finding becons and playing backstory on the squad members who dropped during the game. Weak. Pure weak. I played the game on legendary as I normally do. Never had a problem with Legendary until now. I dropped each difficulty level until I got to easy. Easy plays like Hard. The game engine has several flaws. Weapons have lower damage and don't do anything, and the only good thing is the Vehicle controls improved.

Oh your AI Companions? Worthless. They charge and don't take cover. Stupid. The only AI That can shoot is the guy in the Warthog turret. But I say skip the warthog, let them drive and steal a banshee.

ODST Armor unlocks require normal or higher chapter clears. To those just picking up the Halo series (seriously?) and starting on easy. It's not right or fair to newbies. Firefight is the multiplayer mode. Laughable. It's like Hoard Waves in Gears 2. Very long and very boring. You can customize your Halo 3 ODST Armor for multiplayer only. It doesn't show up in campaign. Co-Op people can do Story mode, but you both are rookies and it doesn't make much difference.

I preordered my copy and got a card to unlock Sgt Johnson's armor. It doesn't look good on anyone else but Johnson. Also if you want to BUY the armor it's literally 99,999 MS Points. You fail Microsoft.

So knowing the flaws of this game, what do I think of it? Well I will give praise to sound and audio. Great and very fitting for the halo series. But I don't score it very high. The game makes you run from point A to point B, and when you finish each side mission, the mobs respawn and they gank you. It's a complete waste of time imo.

1.5/5 Karous. Halo 3 was more entertaining. Way to screw up bungie. This game disappoints me because I loved Halo 1-3 to death. No I'm not a fangirl, Just Loved Halo, and this game just let me down badly.

EDIT: Halo 3 ODST is not on my gamebar because I havn't logged into Xbox Live in a week or so.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |